Whip up these five unique summer squash recipes and enjoy the tasty vitamin and mineral boost that Zucchini brings. You can now prepare 5 different meals with Zucchini and transform every dishes into Salad, Sauteed, Salsa, Spaghetti and Stuff with meat Zucchini.
1. Toss A Salad
- In a bowl, combine large bunch of chopped watercress and 1 head endive, sliced horizontally.
- Add 1 cup zucchini chunks and 1 peeled, pitted, and diced avocado over greens.
- In a food processor, pulse 1/4 cup toasted, peeled hazelnuts until ground, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper until thick and smooth.
- Add 1 cup watermelon cubes to the salad, then drizzle the dressing over it.
2. Have It Sauteed
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Place 3 minced garlic cloves in the oil and saute until brown and fragrant.
- Stir in 1 diced sweet onion and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add 2 medium zucchinis, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Stir the zucchini frequently.
- Cook until both sides of the slices have turned golden brown.
3. Mix Up A Salsa
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup diced zucchini, 1 dices onion, 1/2 cup each of chopped red pepper and celery, 2 chopped scallions, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1/4 cup olive oil, juice from 1/2 lemon, and 2 tsp vinegar.
- Chill for 3 hours; serve.
4. Make Zucchini Spaghetti
- Run a zucchini through a spiral slicer to make it long and thin like pasta.
- Saute 1 tsp olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove in a pan over medium heat for 25 seconds. Increase heat to high and add zucchini strands.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stuff it with Meat
- Cut a zucchini lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- In a bowl, mix 1 lb ground turkey or beef, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, 12 oz diced tomatoes, and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Stuff zucchini with mixture, place in a baking pan, cover with foil, and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and place under broiler until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts: One cup of chopped zucchini contains 21mg of vitamin C, 325 mg of potassium, and 20 calories.